About

Pure conjecture, expression, and truth-seeking where there is none.
-Godisnowhere-

Saturday, June 30, 2007

How Am I Not Myself?

Denounce the very things that define you. Start small and personal, then grow bigger. Do not visualize, but feel your understanding of “self” grow smaller and smaller and everything else around it growing larger and larger until there is only everything. As one with everything, denounce this too as it is yet another definition, or limitation of the self. As no-thing, denounce this too. Make this practice a mantra.

"How am I not myself?

I am not my clothes.

I am not the rooms I live in.

I am not my grades or job.

I am not my wallet or car.

I am not my religion or knowledge.

I am not the country I live in.

I am not the life I live.

I am not the air I breathe or the water that consumes me.

I am not anyone’s reality.

I am not a world at war.

I am not here anymore.

As one now with everything, I am not that either.

That which is not, I am not that either."

Surely that which you denounce is waiting as soon as you look back for it. However, if one personally feels comfortable and free not to be, it could help to feel that way about being.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do something similar to this and find it to be highly effective in my meditations...I am glad to see your understandings of things in written word...It fills my heart with joy to see a dear friend evolve and grow spiritually to the point that you have...I especially enjoyed what you said about pride...what simple wisdom!!!